Light And Dark Side Wizards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) Empty HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots)

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:29 am

So, after watching the bloody trailer miliions of times, and going through it frame by frame....Here it is. My thoughts....

-The Hogwarts Express is traveling towards what one can only assume is to Hogwarts, using rails set on a raised platform. Around it is a wide field, that is broken up by the multitude of small rivers and their tributaries. Right next to the middle section of the train, there is a small shack. An interesting thing to note is that while the Hogwarts Express was red in the beginning few movies, the train is not a dark color, almost black.

-A few seconds of a Hogwarts being snowed on is shown. It is almost pitch dark, besides the snow, and shows a dark Hogwarts. An interesting thing to not would be that there are little lights scattered around in a few places. I can count seven in total.....Coincidence with the number? Me thinketh not. I believe that it is just the film creators taking the seven motif to a whole other level.

- One of the many corridors of Hogwarts can be seen, filled with many people. The large crowd seems to be a mixture of the Years. A First Year can be seen looking admiringly at the corridor architecture. (Or something else. Just my guess.) A few upper year students seem to be behind her, as evident by their house patches. One is Gryffindor, and another is Slytherin. Interestingly, McGonagal seems to be leading the group. A few seconds in, you see that she instead seems to be reading something instead. The crowd is broken up by a stream of students, pushing through, and going in the opposite direction of the crowd. I believe that this is only a scene from regular naive life at Hogwarts, used to be able to juxtaposition with the dark happenings going on outside of Hogwarts.

-Dumbledore’s Memory Case is shown. Thirteen bottles of memory can be seen clearly, while the rest are in the case, behind others. They all seem to be labeled. (Can anyone read the labels?) An interesting thing to note would be that two of them have a symbol above the name. (A triangle and a star like shape.) The memory bottle farthest on the right, in the first line of bottles, is labeled Thomas Marvolo Riddle. Many, but not all memory bottles are dated.
-”What you are looking at are memories.”

-Dumbledore is looking at the memory bottles, through the case. Harry can be seen in the background. I really love the imagery that is shown here, and the symbolism it represents. What I see is that the the bars of the case, which can be conotated as the “Light”, is keeping the “Darkness” at bay, behind it. This to me just represents the battle that the Order of the Phoenix are going through. In this scene, Dumbledore also looks older than before, which reflects the books. Dumbledore seems to finally look his age to Harry, and you can clearly see that everything is taking a toll on Dumbledore, in the movie.
-”In this case, pertaining to one individual.”

-Dumbledore reaches into the case and pulling a memory out. He shows it to Harry. The camera focuses on the memory, and you can see the hazy smoke shape it has taken. This is a really good representation of the memory, as Snape’s memory will hopefully conform to this shape as well. (BTW, Harry seems to have gotten better at acting.)
-”This is perhaps the most important memory I have collected.”
-”I’d like you to see it.”

-The Warner Bros. sign shows up. As the movies progress, this sign steadily gets darker and darker, which really reflects the change in the mood of the movies.

- Harry looks through the pensieve.

-Dumbledore is walking on a street, holding an umbrella, as it’s raining. (Change #1-It was sunny on that day.) The street seems devoid of people, and there is a car parked behind him, with the following license plate: “DLO 325.” (Change #2-The street was filled with people, staring at Dumbledore.) Dumbledore seems to be wearing a dark suit. (Change # 3- Dumbledore’s suit was, shall I call it, flamboyant.)

-The orphanage is seen. Immediately, you feel two things. Intimidated and curious. The gate is made of tall iron bars. The sign above the gate can be read: “Wool’s Orphanage.” However, the A is hanging down, almost about to fall off. Two people are crossing the street. A male in a suit is holding a suitcase above his head, to shield himself from the rain. A woman is crossing as well, holding an umbrella. This really shows the orphanage as a place of near hopelessness, and you can almost get a sense of what Riddle will be like.

- “To Know the Future”

- Dumbledore is following the Matron up a long winding circular path of stairs. They are passing a tall narrow window. The entire scene is dark with very little lighting besides that coming from the window. Once again, the use of motifs and symbolism here is astounding to me. The mere light coming from the window is engulfed by the darkness inside, and Tom Riddle’s inner self is portrayed.
-”In all the years he’s been here, Tom’s never had a visitor.”

-The Matron brings Dumbledore to Tom Riddle. The look on Dumbledore’s face shows his bewilderment, and how he doesn’t know what to expect. Tom Riddle is wearing threadbare clothing, and has a drawn pale look to his face. His eyes look sunken in, and dark. The room itself is small, and seems almost bare, besides a bed, the bureau and the chair.

-”Return to the Past”

-Tom Riddle is sitting on a chair, at a desk. There is a book on the desk, with some pages sticking out. It seems to be well-read. Tom has a look of paranoia and caution on his face as he converses with Dumbledore. Dumbledore seems to respond with a calmness. However, I sense none of that cheerful mirth and that twinkle in his eye, which he had in the book during this scene. (RICHARD HARRIS, FTW!) Dumbledore lights the bureau on fire, without a wand. (Change #4- He used a wand in the book.) Tom looks on with a glint in his eye, no doubt imagining being able to have that power. A small smirk appears on his face.
-”You’re a doctor, aren’t you?”
-”No.”
-”Who are you?”
-”Well, I’m like you Tom. I’m different.”
-“Prove it.”
-A field of wheat is seen. A few frames later, Harry can be seen running through the field. Towards something, or away from something? Who know? I believe that this might be one of the added scenes.
“I can make things move without touching.”

- A man is seen crouching in perhaps the same field. However, the plants seem different. His hair and beard have a green tinge to it, as well as his clothes. Who is he? My guess, Fenrir. He looks almost like a werewolf, but still in human form. That is basically who Fenrir is.

-Ginny can be seen standing in water. It may be a puddle or a pond. She is wearing a white plaid robe, and is holding a wand. Her wand is knocked out of her hand with “expelliarmus”. Her hair seems to be wet, and sticking to her.

-The camera then cuts to a room, with very warm lighting. An oriental rug is on the floor. Ron is lying on said rug, with his eyes bulging open (??)m and arms out. He is wearing his pajamas. This seems to be the poison scene. Someone has his hand placed on Ron’s chest. It seems to be Harry. However, he also seems to be wearing a suit??? It might be pajamas as well, though.
“I can make bad things happen to people who are mean to me.”

-Dumbledore’s hand is seen. He has multiple rings on, one containing the cross. He is in the process of putting on the Gaunt ring. Under his hand seems to be a board of some kind, with a sketch of a figure. Who? There is a green flash of light(Interestingly enough, this is only one frame.), and one can see a house of some sort behind the flash. Voldemort can be seen, and Dumbledore pulls his hand away from the ring.

-Dumbldore seems to be standing on a pile of something (used technology??) shiny. He is surrounded by fire, and a ring of it. He seems to have summoned the fire, as his wand is raised. I have two theories about this. 1) He is summoning fiendfyre for an added scene. 2) He is burning Inferi.

-Tom Riddle can be seen again, with an almost malicious look on his face. He states something that stops Dumbledore in his tracks. A flash of light, Voldemort can be seen, and Tom Riddle shows once again. On the window sill seem to be a line of rocks. Perhaps these were used as the trophies that he collected from others. Voldemort can be seen again.
-”I can speak to snakes too. They find me....whisper things.”

-”Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince”
-”Did you know Sir? Then....”
-”Did I know I had just met the most dangerous Dark Wizard of all time?”

-”November”

-Shameless self promotion

-”www.HARRYPOTTER.com”

Last edited by Reaper Nanashi on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Number of posts : 306
I Am A : Slave who's deeply in love with Necker, my great Master
Health :
HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-27

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Necker’s personal Slave
Hogwarts House: Slytherin Slytherin
Where Are You In Hogwarts: The Great Hall

Back to top Go down

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) Empty Re: HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots)

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:30 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 110

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :
HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) Right_bar_bleue

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) Empty Re: HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots)

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:30 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 210

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:31 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 310

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 410

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 510

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:32 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 710

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:33 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 810

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 910

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 1010

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:37 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 1110

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:38 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 1210

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:38 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 1310

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:39 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 1410

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 1510

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 1610

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:40 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 1810

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:40 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) 1910

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:50 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) N1290255241_30073780_1199

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:50 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) N1290255241_30073781_1423

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) N1290255241_30073782_1649

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:52 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) N1290255241_30073784_2112

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:52 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) N1290255241_30073787_2815

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:54 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) N1290255241_30073791_3732

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaper Nanashi Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:54 am

HBP Trailer- Dissection and Commentary(Screenshots) N1290255241_30073792_3973

Reaper Nanashi
Seventh Year Magic

Health :

Forum Hogwarts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next