Light And Dark Side Wizards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azkatraz- HP 2009!!

+2
Jenn
That's Arka
6 posters

Go down

Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Empty Azkatraz- HP 2009!!

Post  That's Arka Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 am

Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Azkatraz_header

This year's conference promises to be the best and most exciting yet, and we can't wait to include you in the amazing activities we have planned.

For those of you who have attended an HPEF event before (Portus, Prophecy, Lumos, the Witching Hour, or Nimbus), you'll see that we're doing things a little bit differently this year. We've heard your suggestions and read the responses to our surveys, and many of your comments corresponded to things we've wanted to do for a while. Be prepared for a few changes, which we hope you'll see as improvements.

REGISTER NOW!

Registration this year includes admission to more than four days of activities and programming, including the Podcasts, our Pajama Party, the Prison Break Ball, our Welcoming and Leaving Feasts, the History of Wizarding Fashion Show, and more. In a departure from past years, breakfast is not included but will be part of some special programming workshops and presentations.

We're also introducing two new levels of registration this year: the Merlin Circle and the Masters of Potter Administration (MPA). The former is a one-click way to participate in all the programming and special events and support HPEF. Merlin Circle sponsors will receive admission to all the regular registration events, plus both Sunday and Monday breakfast programming and a special Merlin Circle reception with our special guest speakers. And if you're worried about getting a good seat for that one presentation you really wanted to see, Merlin Circle registrants will receive priority seating until five minutes before the scheduled start of any session. You'll get a commemorative pin proclaiming you are part of the Merlin Circle, and a portion of your registration fee may qualify as a tax-deductible donation to HPEF.

The Masters of Potter Administration will be a one-day special track dedicated to topics that reflect how the Harry Potter phenomenon has affected and continues to shape the worlds of business, law, advertising, marketing, and Internet culture. We are assembling a lineup of leading speakers starting with our Monday breakfast presenter Susan Gunelius, author of Harry Potter: the Story of a Global Business Phenomenon.

In the coming months, we'll be bringing you more information about our speakers, our volunteers, and most importantly, all the incredible fun we're going to have geeking out about Potter from the movie release night all the way through the weekend. Since 2003, we've wanted to host an event on the California coast, and I, for one, look forward to July with delight. See you in San Francisco, and let's Kick AZ!

Half-Blood Prince Movie and a Special Podcast Event!

What's better than staying up until midnight to see the latest Harry Potter film? How about seeing it with hundreds of other Potter fans in a theater reserved just for you! That's what AZKATRAZ attendees will get to experience at 12:01am on July 17, 2009 – the day before AZKATRAZ begins. Further details will be announced at a later date.

We are also very excited to announce that immediately after the movie we will be hosting a Post-HBP Live Podcast with MuggleCast! More details will be announced at a later date. Stay Tuned!
That's Arka
That's Arka
Fourth Year Magic

Number of posts : 195
I Am A : Mysterious ticking noise!
Health :
Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-05

Forum Hogwarts
Character:
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw Ravenclaw
Where Are You In Hogwarts: Class

http://arkapain.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Empty Re: Azkatraz- HP 2009!!

Post  That's Arka Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 am

Gah! Okay, I’m debating going to Azkatraz…

On the one hand:
its awesomeness;
HBP imax!;
The HP Progs and Mugglecast and all my fandom heroes;
my parents will be going to NJ anyway that summer– why not just have me go to CA instead, and not bored out of my wits?;
all the fandomness which I have never seen concentrated in one hotel before;
Just going to a HP conference and fulfilling my moral obligations as a fan;
West coast!;
all the people I could meet;
the intellectualness and all that jazz.

Then again, $$$;
plane tickets to San Fransisco…;
I’ll definitely also want to go to Infinitus– theme park much?? (though I suppose I could try both…);
I don’t really personally know anybody who’s going;
I’ve never really been “alone” in a big city before.. I don’t even know if I can legally stay 3000 miles away from my parents for a few days!

Meh I’ll probably end up going to Azkatraz; then I can say, “You may have been to [random gathering] but I went to Azkatraz!” I can probably find someone I know who’s going anyway. Lol I hope someone else from this forum is thinking about going

Interesting note, I psoted at 7:13 CST. Gringotts much?
That's Arka
That's Arka
Fourth Year Magic

Number of posts : 195
I Am A : Mysterious ticking noise!
Health :
Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-05

Forum Hogwarts
Character:
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw Ravenclaw

http://arkapain.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenn Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 am

Hey it is just a drive for me...I would love to go!!!!!!!! Money for gas would cost me though....
Jenn
Jenn
Deputy Headmistress

Number of posts : 197
I Am A : Damn Polygamist Too, and a great Admin!
Health :
Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-22

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Deputy Headmistress
Hogwarts House: Gryffindor Gryffindor
Where Are You In Hogwarts: The Great Hall

Back to top Go down

Post  Tammy :) Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:38 pm

I wish I could go....but unfortunately I don't think it will fit into our ever tightening budget these days. sad If anyone does go, please take lots of pictures so the rest of us and live vicariously through you.
Tammy :)
Tammy :)
Third Year Magic

Number of posts : 138
I Am A : Magical Being
Health :
Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Azkatraz- HP 2009!! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-20

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Professor Sunshine Star Meadows

https://wisc.facebook.com/profile.php?id=8649388

Back to top Go down

Post  Melpomene Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:43 am

I'm looking into going, costs etc. I got a message today about Wrock Around The Rock and it sounds too good to miss! But I'll keep you posted and if anyone from here is going let me know as I'll be heading over alone and it'd be nice to meet up!
Melpomene
Melpomene
Second Year Magic

Number of posts : 76
Health :

Registration date : 2008-04-29

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Melpomene Black
Hogwarts House: Slytherin Slytherin
Where Are You In Hogwarts: Common Room

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=679610872

Back to top Go down

Post  J3essie Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:41 am

i would go if I had money and parents that could take me their without getting fired for not being at work sad
J3essie
J3essie
Gryffindor Prefect

Number of posts : 104
Health :

Registration date : 2008-04-21

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Jasmine Brown
Where Are You In Hogwarts: Outside On School Grounds

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJessieB

Back to top Go down

Post  freetobandito Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:14 am

like i ever get to go anywhere that cool.*sniffs* if any of you guys get to go please take pics so i at least can see how nice it was. *sighs* i never get to go anywhere cool. my biggest cool thing all week was going to the store to go get wrapping paper and gifts for other people woo hoo.(not) i NEED TO GET OUT OF MY HOUSE BEFORE I GO INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
freetobandito
freetobandito
Second Year Magic

Number of posts : 71
I Am A : vampire with a spork obession
Health :

Registration date : 2008-04-23

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Tanith Artemisa Nygt
Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff Hufflepuff
Where Are You In Hogwarts: The Great Hall

Back to top Go down

Post  Melpomene Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:07 am

I'm going! I got promoted at work and I've just done the maths and I can afford it! So I'm going to buy my ticket to that and Wrock Around The Rock at the end of Jan! So please please tell me if you're going so we can meet up!
Melpomene
Melpomene
Second Year Magic

Number of posts : 76
Health :

Registration date : 2008-04-29

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Melpomene Black
Hogwarts House: Slytherin Slytherin
Where Are You In Hogwarts: Common Room

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=679610872

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum