Light And Dark Side Wizards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Editions of the HP books

2 posters

Go down

Editions of the HP books Empty Editions of the HP books

Post  Melpomene Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:21 am

I bought a new Harry Potter book the other day...Don't get excited it's not a 'new' new one!

I bought a new copy of Philosopher's Stone. It was in Oxfam for £2.99 and I bought it because it had a picture of a wizard on the back cover and spine picture I didn't know. It is an auburn haired wizard in a plum suit (!) It was young Dumbledore! I've never seen one like it before and I just wondered if anyone else had, and whether Jo's description of Dumbledore in HBP was influenced by the cover illustration or whether she had it planned so far out in advance that she was able to influence the cover art?

Also...I checked my copy of POA and it's a first edition! 2nd print run, first edition!
Melpomene
Melpomene
Second Year Magic

Number of posts : 76
I Am A : Magical Being
Health :
Editions of the HP books Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Editions of the HP books Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-29

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Melpomene Black
Hogwarts House: Slytherin Slytherin
Where Are You In Hogwarts: Common Room

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=679610872

Back to top Go down

Editions of the HP books Empty Re: Editions of the HP books

Post  jescaru Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:27 am

That is awesome. I haven't seen a copy like that. I have a First Edition of 4-7. I would LOVE to have one of 1-3! One day, one day!
jescaru
jescaru
Ravenclaw Prefect

Number of posts : 240
I Am A : Magical Being
Health :
Editions of the HP books Left_bar_bleue37 / 10037 / 100Editions of the HP books Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-21

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Evie Rose
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw Ravenclaw
Where Are You In Hogwarts: The Great Hall

Back to top Go down