Light And Dark Side Wizards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Harry Potter Story

2 posters

Go down

Your Harry Potter Story Empty Your Harry Potter Story

Post  That's Arka Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:59 am

We all have one; share! It might have been done before in the hp quest forum, but nothing like good memories. So post your HP love story: how you got into the phenomenon. No limit on length happy but not too mu
That's Arka
That's Arka
Fourth Year Magic

Number of posts : 195
I Am A : Mysterious ticking noise!
Health :
Your Harry Potter Story Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 100Your Harry Potter Story Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-05

Forum Hogwarts
Character:
Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw Ravenclaw
Where Are You In Hogwarts: Class

http://arkapain.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Your Harry Potter Story Empty Re: Your Harry Potter Story

Post  Melpomene Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:10 pm

I like this! I was kinda late coming to whole thing, I didn't know anything about it until 2001. It was coming up to my birthday and my Nana asked me what I'd wanted. I'd been reading bout this growing phenomenon for a few weeks so I asked for Philosopher's Stone. I got it, opened it and read it. Two hours later I was back in town to buy COS, POA and GOF. I read them ALL that day, staying up til I was done. On the Sunday I read them again. And again and again. Then I got on the web and started to research.
That November the film came out. I asked my boyfriend at the time to come with me and he refused, saying it was for kids. I told him to read the damn books and he declined, saying they weren't 'intellectually stimulating" enough for him. So I dumped him.
He's one of two people I've dumped for their attitude to HP.
I was at the midnight launch for OOTP and HBP and of course DH.
And that's how the obsession grew. And still grows, hopelessly now, but grows nevertheless. I cling to any tenuous HP link I can find.
I like it because real life isn't and never has been enugh for me. I've never been the grow up, get a job, meet a man, get married, buy a house, have some kids, die and that's your lot kind of person. I always wanted a sprinkling of magic to go with that.
And in HP I found it.

(if any of that sounded creepy or weird then I'm sorry, I'm not a freak, I just need HP like others need air)
Melpomene
Melpomene
Second Year Magic

Number of posts : 76
I Am A : Magical Being
Health :
Your Harry Potter Story Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Your Harry Potter Story Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-04-29

Forum Hogwarts
Character: Melpomene Black
Hogwarts House: Slytherin Slytherin
Where Are You In Hogwarts: Common Room

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=679610872

Back to top Go down